Hello, I'm new and am in over my head.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralsfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
****Never mind. He passed**** sorry i dont know how to delet post.
Hello all, I'm new here and am having a bad fish mom day. I was hoping for some advice. I woke up this morning, turned on my tank light and immediately say one of my Corey Cats in trouble. He had gotten himself stuck in a hole of a decoration. I immediately started to work, still sleepy. I tried gently pushing him out the way he went in. He didn't budge so I had to push his top fin down and push him backwards. Huge mistake. He came right out but I must have torn off all his barbels. He's not at all doing well. I have him in a birthing tank but I'm afraid he's dying. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I love him dearly.

Last edited:
I would reccomend taking the decoration out do it doesn't happen again. You may be able to alter it so it works.

Oh no. What a stressful way to start out the day, it sounds like an awful thing to have to do. Very sorry your little guy got stuck and didn't survive the ordeal. SaraB's thought about removing the decoration seems like a solid recommendation.

Fish can get into the darnedest predicaments. It sounds like you did what you could for the guy. How are you doing? How are the rest of the fish in the tank? We are here for you Coralsfish.

Back
Top Bottom