Hello! - New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnthonyDe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, my name is Anthony and im just getting started with this hobby. I hope you guys could help me thru because my local pet store has no idea. Thanks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120503_181212.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120503_181212.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 59
Im currently going thru my first week of cycling. Its been exactly one week and still no nitrites!

Are you adding ammonia or fish in cycling? Don't expect to see nitrites for another 1-3 weeks yet. What fish are you planning on keeping? Oh and what sized tank?

Ive been adding ammonia when it drops below 4ppm. I dont have any fish and I have a 20 tall

Ok cool. Never done a fish less cycle myself but if you have any issues I'm positive some one will be able to help! :) If you were thinking Africans unfortunately 20g isn't going to be big enough. There are pairs of dwarf cichlids that would work though.

Yea I hope it goes smooth. a few people recommended bacteria in a bottle. Any thought?

Save your money. Almost all of those 'instant' cycle products do nothing. A sure fire way of speeding up the cycle is to get a good portion of used filter media from a healthy tank and adding it to your new filter.

I like the way you have you tank set up! But unfortunately 20g is small for most cichlids. Just be sure to do a lot of research on the fish you want and find out their minimal tank requirements and what other fish that they are compatible with and be sure to ask a lot of questions on here there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

Best of luck with your cycling!

Back
Top Bottom