hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xwesx1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys , kinda new the aquarium thing , had a few small tanks as a kid and decided i wanted another but went with a 55 gallon this time. didnt really research much and went with what the pet store said about a 24 hour cycle before adding fish , big mistake been fighting amonia ever since and now my large pink gourammi has ich , got kordon ich attack and its already clearing , hopfully i can add to and learn a lot of this community , nice to meet you all :fish2:

got strips and i dont like them because there hard to read and ive read the accuracy isnt the greatest , none of the pet stores around me carry a liquid test , gonna order a liquid test online when i get paid

xwesx1978 said:
got strips and i dont like them because there hard to read and ive read the accuracy isnt the greatest , none of the pet stores around me carry a liquid test , gonna order a liquid test online when i get paid

Sounds good. The API master kit Is the most recommended kit here, and I find it has very accurate results. :)

xwesx1978 said:
yea thats the kit im looking at

Good! You're on the right track. Also for ich, I like the ich attack a lot, but there's another method that works better. You need to slowly heat the aquarium to 86 degrees fahrenheit, and dose aquarium salt one tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Treat until symptoms are gone for 3 days. Go ahead and finish up with the ich attack though. The salt is good to have on hand.

ive also been having problems with my large pink (hes 7.5 inches) guarami eating , ive seen him filter feeding and picking at the gravel but when i feed hes not interested in the food, either flake or frozen brine shrimp , ive had him for over a month now and hes still very healthy except the ich , could he been getting enough food through filter feeding and alge ?

xwesx1978 said:
ive also been having problems with my large pink (hes 7.5 inches) guarami eating , ive seen him filter feeding and picking at the gravel but when i feed hes not interested in the food, either flake or frozen brine shrimp , ive had him for over a month now and hes still very healthy except the ich , could he been getting enough food through filter feeding and alge ?

What other fish are in the tank? It sounds like he may be getting out-competed for food.

another small pink gourammi , 6 tetras , and a pictus cat fish , i have plans for some neon tetra , a couple blue gurami , a couple angels and a clown loach

xwesx1978 said:
another small pink gourammi , 6 tetras , and a pictus cat fish

Alrighty then, well... Pictus cats school... So I'd get 2 more of them lol, but other then that, what type of tetras and what are you feeding?

xwesx1978 said:
tetra brand flake and frozen brine shrimp

Alright, NLS (new life spectrum), and omega one are better, but aren't required lol. Try frozen bloodworms, and see if he'll take those. You wouldn't happen to know what type of tetra you have by any chance would you?

tetramin pro tropical crisp .

the ich attack removed the ich in about three days , still gonna treat for another week to make sure its gone , works awesome only thing bad is it turns water a little brownish , gonna do a 50 % water change when im done treating on top of the 25 % i do every other day until my tank cycles

finally after a month and a half of 25% water changes every other day , im at 0 ammonia 0 nitrites , praise the Goddess im finally cycled

Back
Top Bottom