Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello! I am new to this site and to the wonderful hobby of fish keeping. I just set up a 26 gallon bow-front tank today, and I am cycling it. (Photo attached, I apologize if it is blurry!) I hope to plant it and put guppies, corydoras catfish, and shrimp in it. I have some cool rocks and gravel in it currently, but have to go buy some wood and plants.

Does anyone have any tips on cycling? I'm a little overwhelmed and I've been doing my research, but there are just so many sites and resources and I don't know where to begin.

Thanks!

~DreaminginBlue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 51
Thank you so much! I was hoping to create some nice hiding places for my shrimp and corydoras catfish.

I'll look into the fishless cycling and give it a try.

~DreaminginBlue

Thank you so much! I was hoping to create some nice hiding places for my shrimp and corydoras catfish.

I'll look into the fishless cycling and give it a try.

~DreaminginBlue
You can make caves out of pvc or rocks using aquairum silicone if youre into diy projects otherwise you can find a huge assortment in amazon / get plants as well as they provide good hiding spots.

Day Two!!

I went to the LFS with my mom, intending to get plants and wood. She ended up getting talked into fish-in cycling, though I wanted to do fishless cycling, so we brought four candy cane tetras and two red platies home. All is well, but I'm a little nervous about how to manage my tank when it's cycling....

Attachments

• IMG_6046.jpg
    IMG_6046.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi, welcome - did you grab a vial/solution test kit like API freshwater master test kit? You will need that for either method. Just in case, don't get the cardboard strips as they under read.

Back
Top Bottom