Help all fish dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

makayla

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, okay so I have a 10 gallon fish tank and am pretty new to being a fish owner I have a carbon filter and a general tank filter that came with my tank. I also have bubblers and air stones to keep it pretty well oxygenated. I Got my first set of fish in August with a beta and then a few days later adding Mickey mouse platte's (3) african dwarf frogs 2 and then after like two weeks I added a picasimus, I lost one Platte the two frogs and my picasimus after about a month, we thought it was because of poor filtration and not enough partial water changes, thus we added the carbon filters. My beta and the other two Platte's. Did really well after that and I didnt want to add fish because I didn't like losing them.... For Easter my parents surprised me with 3 new frogs, 2 mollys, and 2 picasimus (algae was growing&#128513 and now that we had an established tank it felt right. I had one picasimus die last week, we quickly took him out of the tank, I kinda think he was sick when we got him because one was really moving slow and the other picasimus was eating like crazy right away after introducing them to the tank. I have been feeding fish flakes, bottom eater pellets, and occasionally bloodworms 1 a day (might also be a problem)
Now I have a Molly acting strangely on the bottom, it was by the heater for quite a while, and now is just on the bottom. I'm going to do a partial water change to see if that'll help.... I'd love all advice..... I don't want to lose more fish?

That was my first post like two days ago no advice....
Now all my fish are looking like their going to die!!!! Frogs are acting fine. Plattes might have ick not sure it looks like weird bubbles.... Everyone has active times and then go super in active with that being the mahority!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Here are pictures

Attachments

• 15874442576306093780743455976713.jpg
    15874442576306093780743455976713.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 15874443845011358111459623033675.jpg
    15874443845011358111459623033675.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 21
Alright.
Sounds like you didn't cycle the tank first, it's something everyone forgets (or doesn't know how to) as a beginner. Adding too many fish at once puts a strain on your beneficial bacteria and often causes mini cycles.

Plecos get too big for 10 gallon tanks, depending on the species they can get up to 24" and need 100 gallons.
Mollies are also too active and get too big for 10 gallon tanks, they need around 30 gallons to be happy. It's best to rehome either of those species that are still alive as they are big waste producers as well.

The best way to deal with algae is by 1. Putting it somewhere away from a window. 2. Only keeping the lights on for 7-8 hours a day. Brown algae is common in new tanks and will go away eventually. Your platys should also eat some of the algae.
You are going to need a test kit to test your water parameters. It will check for things like ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. It should read as
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5-20ppm.

I hope some of this helps. Good luck.

Also keep in mind that platys and mollies are livebearers and each single male needs to be kept with at least 2 females. He will bully a single female to death otherwise.
The best way to tell the gender is to look at the anal fin (bottom of the fish by the tail). If it is long and pointed it's a male, if it is rounded you have a female.

I'm pretty sure its ick, they all have white spots except the frogs. And is it the picasimus that is too big they said at the pet store this was a smaller one? Or one of the fish?

Both.
Common plecos can get up to 24". The "smaller" ones get up to 6". That's still too big for a 10 gallon, plus they all poop like crazy so you need to do large water changes.
Mollies can also get pretty big topping between 4"-5", plus again they are a super active fish and need more space.
Ick looks like salt not bubbles. Are the "bubbles" on the tail or body?

Back
Top Bottom