Help: Betta Tank Needs Tiny Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jojuan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Don't have the heart to subject any more Bettas to my winter-chilled house without heating their water, somehow. Last year, I purchased a 7.5w heater designed for the 1-gallon tank. Ah-ha! Someone finally addressed the needs of mini-tanks. My thrill was short-lived. The heater fried my Betta. Temperatures hovered around 90-degrees! So much for label guidelines. Almost lost hope in finding a solution. Any ideas from the community?

How many tanks do you have?

I'm asking because if there's any way you are in the market for one (or more), I've been pleasantly surprised at the way Aqueon's Evolve4 holds heat without a heater.

I keep it at about 75F and when I do partial water changes, replace with water at that temp. The way the top goes on these things creates kind of a greenhouse effect, and the temp doesn't even drop at night. (I heat my home at 72F, so I assume that helps somewhat too.)

Every morning when I get up, I check both nanos (they each have a male betta in them), and the temp has held throughout the night.

I have a 1.5 gallon tank that i use for guppy fry and the heater in it is a marine land betta heater, i think its rated for 2-5 gallons, but i bought it from my lfs, and the temp is always at about 78

Back
Top Bottom