HELP! Chlorine Poisoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristian Tombs

Aquarium Advice Freak
I changed 25% of the water this morning and I forgot to add conditioner. Twos hours later I remembered and added it. Will my two beautiful pearl gourami be okay?

Unless your tap water has an unusually high level of chlorine, it is extremely unlikely that any harm was done, especially with a small water change like that. I know lots of people who do 50% water changes without adding dechlor, and have been for many years without issue. I only started using it a few years ago when I obtained some inexpensive crystals of sodium thiosulphite to make my own.

Unless your tap water has an unusually high level of chlorine, it is extremely unlikely that any harm was done, especially with a small water change like that. I know lots of people who do 50% water changes without adding dechlor, and have been for many years without issue. I only started using it a few years ago when I obtained some inexpensive crystals of sodium thiosulphite to make my own.

Thanks bro was worried my pearl gourami have never looked better. It's a ten gallon I'm upgrading to a 30 in eight months time :D

Back
Top Bottom