HELP Dwarf Guorami Sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcouturewine20057

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Am not sure what is wrong with my powdered dwarf. He started acting sick this morning. I don't thinks he will make it through the night but has livened up since I quarantined him. He looks blotchy, and kind of like he is peeling, his eyes are sunken in (not sure if that is normal) he is lethargic and when he was in the tank he just layed on his side and was clamp finned. Now that he is solo he is not doing that part as much. I know I will probably lose him but I would like to try and I am concerned for my other fish. (parameters are perfect and other fish seem fine) here are some pics

Attachments

• image-381303574.jpg
    image-381303574.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1427659014.jpg
    image-1427659014.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1006727548.jpg
    image-1006727548.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 61
What are your actual readings? Not sure whats wrong with him. I'd be inclined to use Melafix as it treats a wide range of skin conditions and bacterial onfections. But iIDK for sure, maybe some one else can best advise you. Sorry for your little gourami, hope he gets well!

He died today and one of my albino glo light tetras are dead too! Not sure what's going on!

Darklight said:
What are your actual readings? Not sure whats wrong with him. I'd be inclined to use Melafix as it treats a wide range of skin conditions and bacterial onfections. But iIDK for sure, maybe some one else can best advise you. Sorry for your little gourami, hope he gets well!

+1 what are your parameters?

Sorry to here that! :( It may be worth doing small daily water changes to make sure the water stays healthy and hope others remain unaffected.

77 degrees
PH 7.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 ppm ?? Not sure if I am reading that right

Another tetra is hanging at the top gasping for air.... What is going on..... Please help!!

Another tetra gone last one looking like he will go too. I am going to move the last 5 fish to my quarantine tank and restart the other one. Could it be nerite snails? I just got them last week and no everyone is dying. One minute they are fine and the next dead the only one that showed true signs that they were sick was the dwarf. It has been a depressing few days.

Back
Top Bottom