*Help* filtration 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molliwopp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right want some opinions on this.
10 rusty cichlids max out at 4inches its a species only tank and no more fish will be added. Its the flitration i want opinions on. At the moment im thinking of using an Eheim 2213, a fluval u4 and a 550lph fine sponge filter powerhead. Tank is a Fluval roma 200. 200litres or 52gallons.

In your opinion is this adequate?

Last edited:
I run 2- 55g tanks and use a Fluval 406 canister filter on each one. I put the canister on one end and depending on the stock I use either a powerhead or a HOB filter on the opposite end of the tank so I have good flow throughout the tank.

Sounds great. Any opinion on the filtration for the tank ive suggested River?

Last edited:
That filtration should be fine. Get hold of some JBL MicroMec filter media and use it instead of any cermaic nodes... much bigger surface area, so better nitrification.

Sounds great. Any opinion on the filtration for the tank ive suggested River?

With the filtration you suggested you'll be overfiltered but that's fine IMO. I'm really not sure you can overly mechanically filter the water. Plus you'll have good water flow so most detris should be kept in suspension so the filters can remove it.

Back
Top Bottom