Help! Fish biting mystery snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtofish2018

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank that had 2 guppies and a mystery snail coexisting great. Added a dwarf gourami. He is nipping everyone in the tank, especially the snail. Poor snail can hardly go anywhere cause now the guppies are following the gourami's example and biting the snail like mad too. Have I not fed them all enough? It seems like all this gourami does is constantly want to eat! He's beautiful and friendly with my kids, but we don't want him to eat our snail! Should I just take him back? Is he just an aggressive fish? Our previous dwarf gourami was never like that. Or is he just too hungry? Help!

Yeah, I called the pet store and they told me either get another gourami to calm him down, or bring him back. As soon as I got the aggressor out of the tank everyone else started acting normal. Poor snail will never be the same. His one antenna got bit so badly it's not as long as the other. .. traded for another younger gourami and this one is not that way. It's too bad. This one is skittish, but the previous one was real curious and friendly with people. He was a beauty too. Brilliant coloring. This one is pale as can be. Can hardly see his markings. I'm assuming and hoping his markings will get brighter as he matures. ..
Tell you what, before I got started with fish, I'd never known they could have such personality and differ so greatly! Whew! They are fun though. I'm hooked. Dreaming of my 50 or 100 gallon tank I could get someday. ...

Back
Top Bottom