Help - Hair algae - unstoppable.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ezbandrea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all
i need some real good advice. My Hair algae is out of control.
I have a 57g/215l freashwater tank which is 6.8ph, 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrate, 5ppm Nitrate which is out of direct natural light and lights on 8 hours a day. lights 2 x 30w 8,000k and 1 x 25w 15,000k tri power light blue light.
i do not overfeed my fish which is based around an Amazon biotope with tetras.
What is going wrong???
How can i improve the relentless hair algae growth.

I have read that blue light anything I've 6700k will promote algae but this is just what I've heard

ezbandrea said:
Hi all
i need some real good advice. My Hair algae is out of control.
I have a 57g/215l freashwater tank which is 6.8ph, 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrate, 5ppm Nitrate which is out of direct natural light and lights on 8 hours a day. lights 2 x 30w 8,000k and 1 x 25w 15,000k tri power light blue light.
i do not overfeed my fish which is based around an Amazon biotope with tetras.
What is going wrong???
How can i improve the relentless hair algae growth.

I would suggest you to apply excel directly not the algae or to do a three days block out.

I have that problem when my iron is to high. Or, what I mean is when my micro is use up and I have only macro(iron base) left. You can controlled it by excel double the dozing. But if you stop and don't correct you fert, you know what will happen right!

i have a similar setup, had super bad hair algae....i got 4 TRUE flying foxes for my 30 gal....hair algae was gone in two weeks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom