Help i dont know what to to about my fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anahbarbiie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Basicly my black more and one of my fantails have got white spot.. as far as im aware my other fantail and blue oranda are not effected..but now my blue oranda has started showing what i think are signs of fin rot.. so all i want to know is can i treat white spot at the same time as i treat fin rot.. and can i carry out normal water changes but also use aquasafe water treatment all at the same time?

i have tried to attach two photos..one of my tank with the fish inside and one of my blue oranda..which.. well looks rather red at the moment..

Attachments

• IMG00088-20110620-1809.jpg
    IMG00088-20110620-1809.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 57
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 58
The short answer is yes, you can treat both at the same time. If by white spot you mean Ich, then it becomes even more imperative to do a thorough job of vacuuming the substrate.

You can medicate the water, but be sure to take any carbon out of the filter if you do. Continue your PWC, but medicate the water again AFTER you refill the tank.

The best way to treat Ich is through heat and/or salt. I treat it by slowly raising the temperature of the tank over 24-36 hours up to 90F. I also add salt into the water slowly over the same period up to a strength 2-3 tbsp/5 gal. I mix it into some water BEFORE I add it to the tank. Continue this treatment for 10 days, even if the Ich has disappeared. If may look gone, but it isn't if you don't finish the full treatment.

The benefit of using this treatment for you is that the heat/salt treatment also stands a good chance of curing your fin rot issue without having to resort to medications. Be sure to use salt specifically designed for aquariums and not iodized salt.

Back
Top Bottom