Help!! I think shes about ready!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think my guppy is about ready to have babies. She stayed close to the ground as I watched her.. So I decided to put her in the breeding net. However I'm afraid he will have them during the night and eat them all.. Any suggestions? Also can you tell if she's ready by looking at these pictures. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-1863638587.jpg
    image-1863638587.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-324909707.jpg
    image-324909707.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 70
Plastic or live plants, Plastic ribbon (the kind for gifts), or yarn that isn't dyed, will all work as cover for the fry.

I try to cover about 80% of a breeder net with plants, leaving the momma enough room to swim but plenty of cover for fry. I tend to use java moss and cabomba but that seems like it isn't an option.

Can't really tell if the momma is ready yet, it's gotta be a sideview. If the bottom of her belly looks more rectangular/square than round that means it'll be any day now, if she stays hidden near the heater it means she is even closer

Plastic or live plants, Plastic ribbon (the kind for gifts), or yarn that isn't dyed, will all work as cover for the fry.

I try to cover about 80% of a breeder net with plants, leaving the momma enough room to swim but plenty of cover for fry. I tend to use java moss and cabomba but that seems like it isn't an option.

Can't really tell if the momma is ready yet, it's gotta be a sideview. If the bottom of her belly looks more rectangular/square than round that means it'll be any day now, if she stays hidden near the heater it means she is even closer

Here are some better pictures. I let her out of the net for now because I don't want to stress her and have her abort

Attachments

• image-3163866736.jpg
    image-3163866736.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2581386537.jpg
    image-2581386537.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image-4215752201.jpg
    image-4215752201.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 65
I put strands of ribbon like this on the top. Will that work ??

Attachments

• image-4016366578.jpg
    image-4016366578.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 69
She looks like she's still got a few more days. her belly is boxed a bit in the front but not dropped and boxed enough on the back.

And you actually want the ribbon laying in the water. curling it up would be a good idea too. Something that the fry can hide in/around rather than under

She looks like she's still got a few more days. her belly is boxed a bit in the front but not dropped and boxed enough on the back.

And you actually want the ribbon laying in the water. curling it up would be a good idea too. Something that the fry can hide in/around rather than under

Okay she still hasn't popped! But she hasn't been eating and lays on the bottom of the net.. Is she close ?? I have her in the breeding net now. She doesn't seem to mind it

Back
Top Bottom