HELP! I'm Getting Some New, FREE Fish, But Unsure Of Compatibility.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A friend of my parents is tearing down their tank, and they're offering me their fish. The fish are 1 whiteish Cory (im assuming its and albino, and he'll be ok with my other six cories) 3 or 4 neons (who I'll keep, and get some more of for a bigger school).

Now then the iffy ones. 2 or 3 silver dollars and some kind of "orange" algae eater-bottom feeder that looks like a pleco. I have no clue what the pleco-like fish is, which could be a problem. And I don't know how big Silver Dollars get, but I thought they got really big.

My tank is a 45 long with 3 angels, 6 cories, 7 rummy nose tetra, 8 ghost shrimp (which I could care less about), 4 danios, 1 von Rio tetra, and a mystery snail.

So would the rummy noses be ok with the silver Dollars? I'm thinking I might get rid of my danios, and up the silver dollars to 6. Would that work? And I don't know if I'll keep the bushy nose pleco, I'll sell him or donate him to the LFS.

So if I keep my current stock (minus the danios) and + 6 silver Dollars, the Cory, and + 8 neon tetra, would I be over-stocked? And if I'm not, would I have room for 5 more von-rio tetra?

You'd be way over stocked with the Dollars, they get really big and freak out Bala shark style...

I'd be against the dollars in your tank too, and you'll probably never be able to have live plants if you decided you wanted them in the future

Well in that case, I'll turn down the dollars, and pleco, but keep the neons and Cory. Is that ok?

Also, what do you think about getting rid of an angel and/or the danios and getting 5 more von Rios, and 6 hatchet-fish.

Well I have three angels, I've been thinking of getting rid of one of them for a while now. And if I get rid of the danios, an angel, and add enough neons to have eight, add six hatchet-fish, and 4 von-rio tetra, plus the Cory, and keep everything else the same, am I good? Oh, and add some rcs in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom