Help! Is this normal??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chanonastick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I've been cycling my 20 gallon tank for about 5 weeks now. I didnt put any rocks or sand at the bottom because I like the clean look, but I realized today, that there's algae looking stuff growing at the bottom of my tank. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes. I turned them off and did a 10% water change because the levels would not go down

Its normal, it's just biomass building over your surface, great food snails or shrimps

This tank has been cycling for such a long time and the levels are still up. The ammonia and ph are good, but everything else is high. I did a 10% water change last week, so I'm going to test again tonight. Wish me luck! I want my fish. Haha

i would suggest adding distilled water after the water change. and yes the film is normal it has to be there usually its unseen due to the rocks and when there is fish they eat it off of the side walls pretty well in my experience!

I went to the store and forgot the moss balls :(

But I did do another water change today. About 20%. I guess now is the waiting game, again!!

Thanks for everyone's help

Please post your readings it can help us know what your tank is doing ,
this is low this is high that don't tell the story , getting the correct information can help us get you the right answers that help you (y)

who knows you might just need a 50% water change this is why I ask for readings

Back
Top Bottom