Help killer zebra danios!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kt23

Aquarium Advice Regular
O I have 4 zebra danios or somethin like . It's a 65 gallon fish tank with guppy and platty and Molly. And a school of neon tetras.. But the zebra keep nip all the tail and now are killing my platty wHat should I do

I've experienced this also with Zebra,s, I put there number up from 5 to 8 and it seemed to stop, they just chased eached other after this, might have been just lucky though.

It would be helpful to know the exact number.. If it's only 4 or even lower than they could very likely feel stressed out and this is the response they are giving. They are schooling fish and really should have at least 6.

You could remove them of course but I'd honestly try upping their numbers. It's a common "tact" used with tiger barbs. The idea is that they get more focused on each other than their tank mates and the tank mates get left behind.

Add to the group. Double the number and things SHOULD work out. They are kind of like tiger barbs. Too small of a group and they take it out on other fish, with a large enough group though, they will quarrel amongst themselves for the most part.

If you keep any of the smaller danio's, or tetras in groups of around 10 or so you shouldn't have any aggression problems. They will disperse the aggression amongst themselves.

I really wanna thank everyone for all the advice I went to the store today and got 5 more zebras and I watched them for an hour and they seem to just chance each other around... Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom