Help me make the perfect tank! PLEASE :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sneakysnacky

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have strayed from the biocube to the 29G tank build. So I want to make the PERFECT! tank for my CLOWNFISH. Along with Sea Anemones. I have done A LOT of research but I want to hear your opinions :)

Unless some of you think I should get a biocube...

But please help me what I need to make the PERFECT TANK for my CLOWNFISH! :)

So far I am getting started on:

29G Tank

Heater: 150 watt heater.

Hood/light: what kind should I get if I want to raise anemones?

Filtration: is a biowheel good enough?

Power Head: do I need one?

Live rocks: of course

Live Sand: Aragonite sand

Test kit: what kind?

So far this is what I am looking into getting. If you guys can help me make the PERFECT TANK! for my Clownfish that would be SOOO much appreciated :) :thanks:

I wish I can thank you guys a better way....than just saying thank you :(

29G Tank
Not sure how many clowns you are expecting to put in here, but it's kind of limiting

Heater: 150 watt heater.
Good

Hood/light: what kind should I get if I want to raise anemones?
Consider metal halides or 10,000K or 14,000K compact fluorescents. You need to research the actual type of anemone you want, as they have different requirements.

Filtration: is a biowheel good enough?
Umm, no, not for an anemone. You should consider a protein skimmer. I also use AquaClear filters, but others may have more input.

Power Head: do I need one?
Actually, you might want two :)

Live rocks: of course
Of course, probably around 30 lbs

Live Sand: Aragonite sand
Yes, good.

Test kit: what kind?
Just stay away from the test strips. I use API test kits - nothing spectacular, but they get the job done.

Good luck with the setup. It should be nice!

+1 the aquaclear. You can get the 70 or 110 model and make a refugium with live rock rubble and macro algae. A refugium running in par with a protein skimmer in my opinion is your best choice for filtration.

What kind of power head do you guys use?

AquaClear, is this good enough for the sea anemones? I am looking to get bubble anemones. Or what are some good anemones that go along well with Ocellaris clown fish?

I will post up a picture once the tank is all set up!! :)

all4wheels2 thank you for this great input! It really is much appreciated!

What do you guys think about all4wheels2 input?

I know I am asking a lot of questions to you guys! and I am really sorry...but I just want to make sure I am getting the rigth stuff haha...

for a 29G tank do is it necessary for me to get the aquaclear 110? or aquaclear 70 ok?

mr.sneakysnacky said:
so would you say a good moded aquaclear is better than the actual aquaclear?

For a saltwater tank yes, but what would be even BETTER is if you got two and ran one as a refugium and the other with filter floss, purigen, and chemi pure elite!

sleepswithfish: omg this modding this is SO confusing lol, I dont know if I want to risk my AQ 110 :(

Yep, unless you want to have chaeto then all you have to do is remove the tray and fill it with rubble. If you want to do chaeto then you need to put some eggcrate by the output to keep the chaeto in.:D

Sorry to tell you this, but part of the aquarium hobby is that there is no "perfect" tank. There is always some tweak, so new inhabitant, or aqua scale idea that will bug you.

Quite honestly, I hope I never find or have the "perfect" tank- because the challenge and adventure is over!

Back
Top Bottom