Help me please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thankyou very much for this info I will look out for some imdiately I will be posting pics of the tank tomorrow to see if anti e can help also by looking at the pics too

All of the stuff in the water to kill bacteria like chlorine and chloramines, and metals in the water can kill them and all of your BB/beneficial bacteria.

This will harm the creatures as well and kill them too. Any grocery store/ walmart usually has some of the dechlorinator/water conditioner, so get some immediately.

The better kind is called Prime which also helps neutralize ammonia which a product of the waste. Petco has it and I think so does Petsmart. Or most local fish stores.

+1. One small note, I recently read a post around this forum about some water conditioners labeled "not for use for human consumption" or something to that effect. Here is a brand that is FDA approved I found in a quick search... From a site called: J E H M C O .com

ClorAm-X
Dry powder
water treatment
Removes Chlorine, Chloramines and Ammonia.
Use as water conditioner by adding directly to tap water, no stock solution necessary.
Available in bulk boxes of:
5 LBS (treats 18,794 gallons)
10 LBS (treats 37,588 gallons) and 25K
Product #
Description
Price
CHLAX-5​
ClorAm-X, 5 LBS.
chlorine, chloramines, ammonia​
$37.00​
CHLAX-10​
ClorAm-X, 10 LBS.​
$63.50​
CHLAX-25K​
ClorAmX, 25 kilograms​
CALL​
“ClorAm-X” is completely safe and has even been granted FDA approval for use on Food Fish for human consumption. Effective for up to 72 hours for situations such as shipping fish or quarantine.
Use salicylate based test kits to test for the presence of Ammonia in ClorAm-X treated water.

This is the tank we out a new pump in the tank area as the man we have been dealing with said it may not be strong enough to distribute the salt through the tank so I will be trying that for now see how it goes

Attachments

• image-3988587620.jpg
    image-3988587620.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1709909938.jpg
    image-1709909938.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2148864366.jpg
    image-2148864366.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3960591411.jpg
    image-3960591411.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 77
IMO. Use that Chloram X stuff. Also that protein skimmer; is that in the main tank or a sump(tank seperate to the main tank for filtering purposes)?

Back
Top Bottom