Help, my moor has ich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought his black fins were cute, now I'm worried and I hope they go back to white. I hope he comes out a trooper!

Just a quick update - everyone is doing great and the ich seems to be completely gone, but my lionhead's fins are still dark. They are more dark grey than black now, but they aren't going back to clear. The fins have healed from the raggedness the ich caused.

Any idea on how long it might take? Could it be permanent? The burns that were on the moor when I first got them went away fairly quickly.

Ammo - 0
No2 - 0
No3 - 20
pH - 7.8
Temp 68
55 gallon
Veiltail, fantail, lionhead

Oh and would I be okay to add a big snail at this point? The salt should be mostly out of there, I haven't added any after the last several wc. I'm seeing the first signs of algae in this tank. I was thinking an apple snail, but would nerites be better?

Glad to hear everyone is healed up! Don't worry about the black (now grey). It will heal on its own course of time and this sometimes can take weeks to months. Nothing to be concerned about! Just keep your nitrate as low as possible and keep up on the extra wcs so the water is pristine. :)

I don't know what to do. My gold goldfish is showing signs of fin rot and I found my little lion head dead this morning. My parameters are fine. This tank is so completely different than my other two tanks and has been nothing but heartache.

My other two tanks have been running for 18 months or more and I have had no disease to deal with. I've had this tank for a few months and have had nothing but trouble.

it's very discouraging.

I am very sorry to hear this. :(. Unfortunately, fancies can be quite a bit of work (and heartache) to keep. Please don't be discouraged!

Has anything changed since you last posted? Parameters? Can you post a pic of the fish in question?

I did a water test when I found dicky. Ammo 0, No2 0, No3 was a tad high at 40. I did add some pimafix for the final rot. I did a 70% wc tonight.

Fred doesn't stay still long enough to get a good pic, but you can see the raggedness starting at the tip of his tail in front of Gus' nose is this pic.

ForumRunner_20130723_232559.jpg

I can see a tiny bit fraying but its not bad! Stick to your big wcs and see if this clears on its own. if it starts to become worse or does not improve, please let us know! If you have methylene blue, you can give him a bath daily to help it clear more quickly.

If you have a store that sells it Locally, put in ParaGuard by Seachem. It's a product I started using this year thanks to another poster and I swear the main ingredient is magic lol. Plus, it self-removes after 24 hours or so, so no need for huge water changes or Carbon Removal after your fish are healed.

Seachem. ParaGuard

Gus and Fred are continuing to do well except for Fred's tail. I thought it was fin rot, but I have now learned that Gus is a jerk and chases Fred and nips at his tail. He has bits out of it and red streaks in it from it being pulled. I had no idea goldies could be so mean. These two are the last from the original rescue, so they have been together for years, so I don't think it's territorial.

Back
Top Bottom