Help needed to stock tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmidt1216

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello I'm about to buy a fish tank and I'm asking for any suggestions for it its got good lighting and filtration its 130 litres and 93cm W 37 D 43H
i plan on getting a red tailed black shark and a school of tetras any suggestions :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

I think you might want to drop the red tailed black shark. They can get 6 inches long and very aggressive. The shark might nip the tetras. I personally really like tetras. A huge school of Cardinals or neons look really nice. If you want a nice tight school then rummy nose tetras should be the best. Emperor tetras can look brilliant if you can get the water conditions right. You could look at AqAdvisor for stocking suggestions.

Good Luck!

Red tails are are usually fine with tetras. Tetras usually swim in the mid water and red tails usually make their territory on the bottom. If you get any more bottom dwellers make sure they are big enough to hold thier own. I have bristle plecos with my red tail.

Edit: To be safe, I would pick a wider body tetra. I have black phantom tetra with my red tail.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom