Help.... New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brianstark74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a 55 gallon set up and new convicts. My water is constantly cloudy. Water is treated, chemicals should be balanced but clouds back up within a day. What should one doing?

Did you cycle the tank? Have you tested the water condition? If so what are the parameters?

Probably just need patience, depending on what you used for substrate, it's most likely stirred up. Took mine almost two days until it was crystal.

No I haven't tested the water. Testing supplies are expensive. Is it a must to test?

No I haven't tested the water. Testing supplies are expensive. Is it a must to test?

It's kind of crucial. API freshwater master test kit. It's like 30 dollars, tests very accurate all the levels you need to monitor. Get it. Since you don't have testing supplies I'm gonna guess you didn't cycle the tank before you added fish?

No, I didn't. Got into a big hurry and didn't do any research. Big mistake. Ive cycled the water three times. Also I added air bubbles. So far so good.

Sounds silly but did you thoroughly wash the gravel?

New gravel creates lots of particles in the water. Will just take longer to clear.

Back
Top Bottom