Help on goldfish needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We are currently worried about our common goldfish “woofy”
He was with another fish when we first started having fish.
Now Unfortunately one died and then we replaced with another. Unfortunately that fish passed. So we didn’t think to get another one for 5/6 months to allow woofy “the fish” to relax. So woofy was very content, he lives in a 64 litre tank, he was very happy, fed well, never stayed in one place. So we decided to introduce him to another common gold fish. We place the fish in the tank in the bag for 1 hour just to make sure he saw the new fish, but since we let the fish into the tank, he has been acting crazy. Dashing around the tank. Left them over night and when I checked them this morning he won’t let the other fish swim freely, he won’t eat and is constantly hiding.
What do I do?

Woofy needs a much larger tank. My guess is that he is stressed. I strongly advise that you do not add another goldfish, especially without quarantining for at least a month, and certainly not in a 64 liter tank. Common goldfish grow to 12+ inches and ideally belong in ponds. If possible, try to find Woofy a much larger tank if you want him to be happy. [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom