Help! Pregnant sick guppy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawnsummer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My guppy is SICK! She has been pregnant for about 2 weeks, a week ago I put her in this breeding net I got from the store that isolates her from other fish. Just yesterday I went up to my tank to go to bed and fed them. Then I noticed that my guppy was acting weird and I noticed that she is swimming completely lopsided. I am totally worried about her heath, and the undeveloped fry health, so I put her back in the main tank with the others, and I'm afraid if I do that she will mate gain and save it for later, so I really need help, and FAST!
I just cleaned the tank about a week ago, and dod everything I normally do. Even though she is a fairly new addition to the tank, the guppies that I bought with her are doing fine.
The tank is 5.5 gallons, and has been set up for over two years.
I use a whisper filter
I have three guppies and two other white cloud minnows. All male.
I clean the gravel thoroughly and I do a 25% water change every time I clean.
I got her from petco, she was mistaken for a male and was in the male tank.
The only time I change decor is when I do cleaning, and I have two tanks, so I just switch the decor back and forth.
I just got some new food, but it is the same kind as I had been feeding them: Tetra Tropical. She has not been eating since I put her in the breeding net, but ate after I took her out. Please, help me!:(

Nevermind...

Too late. She died. I came in and she was sticking to the filter. Am beginning to believe that she was not pregnant, just had some kind of disease. Ug.:(

:thanks: anyways.

Back
Top Bottom