help quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Uhm ha I was cleaning my canister filter parts and when I was cleaning the spray bar, I didn't know that the spray bar cover can come off sooo it came off and went down the sink drain while I was cleaning.. what happens if I don't have the cover?

I'm using a sunsun canister filter. The spray bar cover at the end came off. Idk what would happened if it didn't have a cover.

I know what you speak of. Most of the water will, of course, come out the end. Easy fix... Do you have a hot glue gun? If so, get a small piece of wax paper or something that won't melt. Put a large(ish) blob of hot glue on the paper and press the end of the spray bar into it. Peel off the wax paper, allow to cool and trim. Done and done.
This fix is mostly permanent. You will have to cut it out if you ever need it opened up again.

Ok now I got you, the cap at the end. So the whole tube is open right? If so all the water will come out there because its bigger. So what I would do is take the spray bar off till you can get a new cap. From a hardware store or sunsun.

blert said:
I know what you speak of. Most of the water will, of course, come out the end. Easy fix... Do you have a hot glue gun? If so, get a small piece of wax paper or something. Put a large(ish) blob of hot glue on the paper and pressing the end of the spray bar. Allow to cool and trim. Done and done.
This fix is mostly permanent. You will have to cut it out if you ever need it opened up again.

Hmmm interesting now I know, thanks lol I would have never thought of that

blert said:
I know what you speak of. Most of the water will, of course, come out the end. Easy fix... Do you have a hot glue gun? If so, get a small piece of wax paper or something that won't melt. Put a large(ish) blob of hot glue on the paper and press the end of the spray bar into it. Peel off the wax paper, allow to cool and trim. Done and done.

I don't think I do. Do you know if it's possible to buy one at a store? Cap or spray bar?

Andrew McFadden said:
Hmmm interesting now I know, thanks lol I would have never thought of that
It works, I swear. ;)
I used a spray bar piece from one of my SunSuns and this "method" to fabricate a spray attachment for a power head.

fishdud said:
I don't think I do. Do you know if it's possible to buy one at a store? Cap or spray bar?

Ok, how about a "tiddlywink" and superglue?
Substitute "tiddlywink" for any small round piece of plastic.

You could even use silicon.

blert said:
Ok, how about a "tiddlywink" and superglue?
Substitute "tiddlywink" for any small round piece of plastic.

You could even use silicon.

I'm looking for a piece but will anything be affected if I just left it without a cap?

fishdud said:
I'm looking for a piece but will anything be affected if I just left it without a cap?

Yes, water will just shoot out the end in a powerful stream.

Okay wtf? When I turned it on, everything was working opposite. Spray bar was sucking everything I'm and the intake was acting as the spray bar...I hate this canister. Aggravating me.

I don't use the spray bars that come on any of my filter. So it will be fine not to. But you may need to aim it in different places till you find a good spot that your fish will enjoy.

Andrew McFadden said:
I don't use the spray bars that come on any of my filter. So it will be fine not to. But you may need to aim it in different places till you find a good spot that your fish will enjoy.

Fixed the problem guys. And yeah, I like it this way honestly. Creates surface agitation. I don't have anything make water currents.

fishdud said:
Okay wtf? When I turned it on, everything was working opposite. Spray bar was sucking everything I'm and the intake was acting as the spray bar...I hate this canister. Aggravating me.

Only times I've ever had that problem is when I hooked it up wrong. And yes, I have done it twice actually. Went and cleaned the hoses out and put them on the wrong nozzles.

Glad you got it working to your liking.

blert said:
Only times I've ever had that problem is when I hooked it up wrong. And yes, I have done it twice actually. Went and cleaned the hoses out and put them on the wrong nozzles.

Glad you got it working to your liking.

Haha that's what I did. I feel retarded. I put the spray bar tube on the out output.

I prefer power head. Creates some water agitation, gets a lil current going.

Back
Top Bottom