Help! Quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm moving, and being impulsive ...

I'm moving plants that have slight BBA on them. How might I treat it while they are out of the tank?

I am trading my 29 for a 56 column with a hood that holds one two pin 24" fluorescent light. Is there a bulb that makes this plant worthy?

How awful is it to go with sand and Osmocote root tabs in a low to medium light non co2 setup? Given the light challenge Id like to keep substrate bright. Plants are doing well now with this setup.

I think I'll start a 56 gallon build thread entitled "doing it all wrong ..."

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

You can drip hydrogen peroxide on the affected leaves. Let them sit like that for a few minutes and the back in the bucket or whatever they are sitting in.
At that light level, the substrate ferts might not be needed. Or rather, they will last a long time. I had a 33 hex once and lighting was always a challenge. What plants are going into the 56 column?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The plants from you!! Not quite as happy as they were, I had cabomba come loose one weekend while I was away and I guess it choked off the light AND clogged the filter ... Many things melted back.

Plus cabomba, crypts, anubias, Java fern, and some unidentified sword plant rescued from petsmart' discount bin.

A few threads of Java moss came from you too, I gave them their own corner and they're growing a lot.

I'd like to move an ozelot sword and pennywort fr another tank but I read that excel melts the Pennywort?

The algae seems to have disappeared with a slight increase in excel use and/or more light for a shorter period.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom