help ---- red gills - bacterial infection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

queenb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fishes are having bacterial gill infection. Have been treating for 2 weeks now with E.M erythomycin , but their gills are still red .
What ells can I do. I also have garlic floating in my aquarium and have the fish food soaked in garlic.

Red gills usually indicate high levels of ammonia. Test your water levels and post the parameters on here. If you have test strips, go grab a liquid test kit. Is this a freshwater or saltwater tank?

I agree with thom. Tell us more about your tank and maintenance habits. How long has it been set up? What fish are in there? How did you cycle? etc.

What's your favorite fish? (Just thought I'd throw one fun question in there.)

Welcome to AA!

It is a 30 g fresh water
It is set for about 2 months, have tropical fish 3 angels, 4 dwarf gouramis,3 dinos,4 algae eaters, 2 guppies and 1 hybrid spotted cat
my Sally cat is my favorite
Change about 30 % and vacuum once a week

Any of them fish added recently? cleaned or replaced the filter media recently? Removed any substrate or decor recently?

Hmm 2months as in cycled for 2 months and then the fish are just added? Or does that mean 2 months with fish and no cycling done.

Back
Top Bottom