Help. Sick cory cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommyk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I was just inspecting my fish and I noticed one of my bronze Cory's is pretty bad looking. He seems to have what looks like fin rot and his barbels are pretty short.

I have just dosed water conditioner fluval total protection

What would the best move for me to do.

He is currently in a 40 gallon community. I have a 15 gallon set up ready to start a cycle it is set ready for plants that are due to be delivered tomorrow. Should I move him there. Or would it be too stressfull.

Everything in the tank seems healthy.

Parameters are all good. Tested with liquid tests

I would do a gravel vac and PWC just in case.

As far as moving him ? If you plan to do much medicating, you may want a hospital tank. Even if it's a plastic bin with a heater and filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what it is. From an injury, not contagious. From disease or parasite ? Could be.

If you move him, throws in some fake plants or decor to let him feel secure. Or use real plants and float them.

Planet Catfish has a bunch of info and discussions about damaged Barbels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Coursair

Very deep gravel vac done. 50% water change done. And the sick little fellow is moved to a new tank. I took some media from my main tank filter and put it into the filter in the new tank. Should be enough bb to deal with the waste from 1 cory.

It's midnight now so all I can do now is head to bed.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom