HELP! Sick Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaredShope1

Aquarium Advice Activist
My gourami has had a little spot on his eye right after I got him. I treated it with “Triple Sulfa” medications and it seemed to be getting better (thought it was cloudy eye) and now today his whole eye is blurry and looks like almost a separate white film is over his eye. This has now infected both eyes, although one is quite worse than the other

Is the eye popping out from his head at all more than normal?

No. Just the separate white film over top is somewhat pertruding . This morning there is a hole in that white film. I’ve never read or seen this before. It almost looks like his cornea is peeling away from his eye

Can you post a picture??

IMG_5688.jpgIMG_5687.jpg

It’s hard to see because my phone would not focus properly for the life of it, but you can see the cloudiness, and the part that’s harder to see is the other part. The outer layer (or cornea) of his eye seems to be floating around and coming off in the water. Idk if it’s healing and this is just the bad stuff peeling off or what, but idk

The entire lens doesn't look to be damaged. More of just the center. I'd guess it was an injury that is healing. Keep the water very clean with some extra water changes.

Back
Top Bottom