help!! something wrong with my ADF!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friska

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone:) this is my first time here:D
I think i have a problem with one of my ADF's.... I bought her about 3 months ago. i noticed about 2 months ago that her belly was bulging:( but she seemed fine,eating swimming and looking generally happy. today ive noticed that not only is she HUGE but her belly is starting to show what looks like lumps or balls popping out from inside her:confused: Its only her belly, every other part of her is nice and skinny. she is still eating and swimming she LOVES eating actually!! always looking for food! Ive also noticed that one of her eyes is cloudy, but again that, i noticed when she began getting big. plaese if anyone knows anything that would be great! she is loved, and I want to keep her around. My water perimeters are perfect, as i have the api master kit and check every week. thanks a bunch!

The little lumps could be little bits of gravel she has accidentally eaten, they should pass naturally.Not too sure about the other symptoms she's experiencing.

thanks guys :)
She seems to be doing better!! she has no more lumps!! dont know if she was full of eggs, or if she swallowed stones, but the main thing is that shes back to her old self. Yes there is another MALE frog with her, so maybe she was full of eggs,Never seen any in the tank though...

Ive got the same problem still dnt know what it is. Im thinking of fasting him for a couple of days. I feed him 2x a day live red worm cut in ½ inch pieces and frozen bloodworms somtimes its hard to get them to him fish are much faster and snag them quickly. I've never seen him poop but ive never seen him shed either and that supposed to be 1 a week. Anyone got a clue?

ibn219 said:
Ive got the same problem still dnt know what it is. Im thinking of fasting him for a couple of days. I feed him 2x a day live red worm cut in ½ inch pieces and frozen bloodworms somtimes its hard to get them to him fish are much faster and snag them quickly. I've never seen him poop but ive never seen him shed either and that supposed to be 1 a week. Anyone got a clue?

That sounds like a lot of feeding. Two maybe three times a week tops, he could just be obese.

Nope seen pics mine was the same. Dont feed for a day and only feed once a day for a couple of days. Mine looked exactly the same he's small 1½ inch tops didnt feed for 2 days and he ate one of my neon tetra was pissed too their one of my favs. I tryed the pea thing might of helped but now im a neon short. And you are supoost to feed 2x a day he should research more. I looked on adf site not forum. Research is key to new pets you cant trust everyone. Look for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom