Help stocking a 16 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jjholup

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like a small community of friendly, pretty fish. There is so much conflicting advice/info out there! Yikes! I originally wanted a few female Bettas and maybe 1 or 2 others types of fish. I read that female Bettas get along. Then I read somewhere else that they will most likely fight. I really don't want any fighting or killing - my kids (and I!) get attached to the fish and it's upsetting when they are hurt or killed (had a cory killed by our male betta in our 10 gallon tank...). I saw a dwarf gourami at pet smart and liked him a lot. The sales girl didn't mention any aggression with him, and even told me I could put him with a couple of female Bettas. I went home and read up on it, and learned that it would be a disaster. Ugh!

I liked the dwarf gourami a lot but I'm reading in some places that they can be aggressive. I like fancy guppies too - that seems to be a no-no with gourami.

So....what fish can I put in the tank that will all get all get along with no violence? I would like some corys if possible, and a small variety of other colorful fish.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The bettas and gourami can be aggressive or they can be really nice it just depends on the fish.

I have a blue gourami with gupppies they get along fine
You could probably do cories

Back
Top Bottom