help sunbust platy with Ich....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have one female Sunburst and one blue Mickey mouse platy in a 3gallon and my Sunburst has ich I noticed it today seen like 7 spots on one side and 9 or so on the other. Guessing that it is ich from pics online. My heater only goes to 78° so the salt method is not an opinion for me. Please help so I dnt loose my little girl. I'm getting a 10 gallon by the first of next month.

While I'm a fan of the traditional heat and salt method it's not the only cure, maybe the safest in my opinion but there are lots of others. If you don't have snails then there are loads of commercial medications that work very well, I'd recommend Quick Cure by Aquarium Products, as this contains both Formalin and Malachite Green which work very well together.

Here is a great link with lots of recommendations with regards to treatments.

Understanding and Treating Ich or White Spot

Last edited:
Thank you for the information I think I'm going to try this method as well..... I lost my sunburst tonight around 8 hopefully my blue Mickey mouse makes it till I can get a heater and salt tomorrow.

Is it safe to use this method in my 29 with cories, tetra, Pleco, African dwarf frogs, rainbow shark and gourami. I don't have it in there just for future reference.

While I'm a fan of the traditional heat and salt method it's not the only cure, maybe the safest in my opinion but there are lots of others. If you don't have snails then there are loads of commercial medications that work very well, I'd recommend Quick Cure by Aquarium Products, as this contains both Formalin and Malachite Green which work very well together.

Here is a great link with lots of recommendations with regards to treatments.

Understanding and Treating Ich or White Spot

Question I've been treating with the heat and salt method. I had bought a new heater and today the rubber on the bottom looks like it has gree algae starting to grow on it. Everything in this tank was purchased new and never been in contact with algae so is this infraction algae or a reaction with the rubber heat and salt. Its a aqueon 100w submersible heater.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom