Help to Sex my JD please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tieberion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tis is my first Jack, and now that he/she is about 2 months? old, can someone help me ID the sex please? thanks!

bkg5.jpg

Tis is my first Jack, and now that he/she is about 2 months? old, can someone help me ID the sex please? thanks!

If you put black or very dark gravel down it will bring out his colors more. It will turn almost black with rainbow dots on it. It will look much better. Mine is looks fabulous.

ahhh, that explains why at the LFS he was almost all black, that's why my wife wanted him, because he looked "neat" lol
Luckily he fits in well with everyone else, and wont outgrow my 100 for awhile

If you put black or very dark gravel down it will bring out his colors more. It will turn almost black with rainbow dots on it. It will look much better. Mine is looks fabulous.

X2 My JD colors up nicely with darker substrate as well. They change color very easily from stress too.

ahhh, that explains why at the LFS he was almost all black, that's why my wife wanted him, because he looked "neat" lol
Luckily he fits in well with everyone else, and wont outgrow my 100 for awhile

I don't think he will ever outgrow a hundred unless you have it loaded with fish

Yeah I'm adding one fish every 2-3 weeks into there, just got an electric yellow for some color. He immediately took over one of the front caves and knows people=food lol

Was at Petsmart last night after seeing Pacific Rim with my daughter and got her two new Dal Molleys for her tank, and noticed they had assorted JD's there, one was almost pure black, and the others were varying colors close to mine.

Yeah I'm adding one fish every 2-3 weeks into there, just got an electric yellow for some color. He immediately took over one of the front caves and knows people=food lol

Was at Petsmart last night after seeing Pacific Rim with my daughter and got her two new Dal Molleys for her tank, and noticed they had assorted JD's there, one was almost pure black, and the others were varying colors close to mine.

Usually the alpha fish get darker then the rest especially when they are courting each other. My female before laying eggs would get dark black with red trim. The male would almost glos.

Back
Top Bottom