Help with avatar vs. signature pic....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodsplace1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok...I give up! I have resized and reformated my pics to make that cute little pic that everyone has under their name when they make posts. My question is, is this the avatar pic or the signature pic? I have made it less than 15, no more than 350X125 (it is actually 160X120) and it still won't take the god forsaken picture. Keeps saying, your file size must be less than...blah, blah, blah! I am so frustrated.....HELP ME! I'm not a computer dummy, I know how to size down pics and browse and place, what am I doing wrong here? :x I just want to put a pic of my adorable ADF in a little box under my name when I make posts....AAAGGGGHHHHH, HELP ME SOMEONE!

Attachments

• img_4460_111.jpg
    img_4460_111.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 78
Only one image can be displayed at a time. Its width can be no greater than 125 pixels, the height no greater than 125 pixels, and the file size no more than 12 KB.

TO have an image under your name thats an avatar and the above is the file size and image size limits for an avatar. The image you attached is 160x120 and 18.37kb.

Moved to Site Help forum.

The avatar pic is the one under your name. The signature pic is the one under the text of your posts.

The avatar pic must be no larger than 125 x 125 pixels and the file size must be 12 KB or less. Your frog pic is 160 x 120, 18 KB. The width of 350 that you're referring to applies to the signature picture. To get the frog to appear as your avatar, you need to resize it again to the avatar pic specs and when you go to your profile to add it, make sure you enter the information into the Avatar Control Panel, almost at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps!

Here is your image resized to fit as an avatar.

120x90 and a file size of 5.08KB

Attachments

• img_4460_111_207.jpg
    img_4460_111_207.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 53
you guys ROCK! Thank you fishfreek and rich311k and everyone else that chimed in...! Yeah! Now why couldn't I do that? Thanks for resizing...worked like a charm! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom