Help with horwort plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pretty good sized hornwort plant in my take and it has really become a hassle. The leaves from it keep clogging my filter intake. The plant is on the other side of the take from the filter too. What are some options besides removing the plant that would help keep my filter unclogged.

Is it planted? Hornwort is a floater. You can put a sponge guard over your filter intake so it collects there and is easily removed without getting in and clogging your filter.

This is why I ditched my horn wart. I started with a tiny clump and it just took over! IMO, it's a pain in the butt!

I have a good amount of light. It's an led light. Not sure what ratings. The hornwort has grown really well and got pretty big only other plant in the tank is 2 amazon swords which are also doing really well. Even had a daughter plant from them. Hornwort is just weighted down with the little weight it comes with but there is a lot that is floating on the surface too.

Personally I'd get rid of it in leu of something less messy. But if you want to keep it I think putting a sponge cover over your filter intake is your best bet.

Back
Top Bottom