Help with ID of growth in 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I am sorry I haven't been on in a while.
I have a growth/coral or problem pest and need help identifying it. It is Slow growing. About 3 months old. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405743202.455201.jpg

Thanks, ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Aptasia- not good. Will spread fast. Aptasia x or joes juice injected into the mouth will do the trick

Fish are friends not food!

I did try that, lemon juice and boiling water too. Seemed to kill it, but it came back. Do I just keep trying to kill it?

It is less than 1.5" around and has not grown any taller. I will keep trying. I was thinking of removing the rock it is on

Yes, get rid of it asap before they spread. I hate those little boogers.

Aiptasia x or joes juice, works every time. Really the only guaranteed way I know of

You have to literally inject it with the stuff and cover the remains. If it comes back, which it might, I would remove the rock if there isnt anything on it. I have fought the battle with those buggers and i lost very badly. I had to nuke an entire tank and start over it was so horrible. They grew to the size of my hand almost, it was god awful.

I may have had an extreme experience but it can happen.

Wow, mine seems to be a slow grower. Killed it, but it is back :( i'll keep trying. One of my main rocks, has other corals on it.

Get a small file fish, they can clear a tank of aptasia

Filefish may work, I have two in my 180g BUT now I cant keep many corals in the tank cause they eat them. :-(((((

I would inject the bugger again, this time be very precise, get it in the mouth. Cover the remains with more of whatever you are injecting. Make sure the water flow is off while doing this, and let it sit on the remains for at least 15 minutes before you turn the power back on.

Back
Top Bottom