Help with Lighting Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got my Nova Extreme Pro lights and I am trying to install them. My problem is the stand they come isn't tall enough to clear my HOB filter and skimmer? Any suggestions? The tank is a 46 gallon bowfront.

Is there any way to scoot the light more toward the front (of course not too close to the front). Or do you have a pic handy?

How wide is that fixture and how wide is your tank?
The tank is 36 inches wide and the lights are about the same. The problem is more that the stands that came with the lights arent tall enough to clear my HOB skimmer and filter

Ok I see where you are having the problem now I just looked up the fixture on the net and I see how short the legs are. It's 36x12x4.25" The only thing I can suggest is doing a little rigging on the tank. Put some "stilts" on the fixture and get it up high enough to clear the HOB and skimmer.

Ok I see where you are having the problem now I just looked up the fixture on the net and I see how short the legs are. It's 36x12x4.25" The only thing I can suggest is doing a little rigging on the tank. Put some "stilts" on the fixture and get it up high enough to clear the HOB and skimmer.
Thanks Ziggy. Do you have any ideas on how I could create the "stilts"? Thanks for your help

I used to use a 1x2 piece of wood, on it's side it will lift 3/4". If you can put it on edge (I would recommend attaching it to the fixture at that point) it will lift it 1.5". How far off from clearing it are you?

If it were me I would make some wood rails that sit on the tank adding an inch to an inch and a half. Then put the light on that. I agree with the Wizard, attach the legs to the wood and then set it on the tank. If you do this the one piece of advice I can offer is to pre-drill any holes that you need in your lighting legs before running a screw through the plastic and don't over tighten the screws. That plastic can and will crack easily.

Back
Top Bottom