Help with my Moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Breeze

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have heard that any moss is easy to grow. I have a planted 29 gal with injected CO2, 2-3 wpg, regulars dosing of ferts. All my other plants are doing well. However, my Christmas Moss is green on the outer edges, but brown underneath. It is growing, but the growth does not stay green. Is there some algae living in there or is it dying off inside? Water temp is 76-80 and the ph is @ 7.0 - 7.2. It is supposed to be a bright green - mystery to me? :blink:

http://www.azgardens.com/images/Product/medium/897.jpg

I'm no expert, but I've heard that flourish excel can kill off moss because of something inside of it. Not sure if you're using that.

Yup, I have heard that. Don't use it anyway because I am injecting the CO2, thanks. I do use Flourish, Iron, Nitrogen and Potassium. I am on a dosing regimen prescribed by Seachem.

How long have you had the moss?

I read somewhere that moss can take a while to acclimatize to a new tank before it starts to grow healthy.

I replanted my tank 10/1/2011. It did not look that great when I got it in the mail, but I thought it would recover. It is growing, just not displaying green growth as it should.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom