Help with Royal Gramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

75gMKT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, this is my first post so please bear with me. I Currently have a 75 set up and it's been up and running for about a year now. What i have in it so far is a clownfish, fire fish, banded shrimp goby, and a few inverts and of course a royal grama. For the longest time he was just normal swimming to a fro and eating well, he was always a bit timid if somebody came to the front of the tank but he eventually come back out of hiding. But now all he does is hide in my rockwork, I've tried feeding him and he wont come out, and the few times I've seen him in the open recently I can't see and thing wrong with him appearance wise. So I'm just really scared, and worried about the poor little fella. Any help is welcome.

Well fish have the own personality. My RG loves to hide out in the rock work when someone is right in front of the tank. Then as soon as the person leaves he is back out in the open. In fact, as I am writing this, he is swimming out in front of the rocks now.

As long as he is still eating and doesn't show any signs of disease or injury, there really isn't anything you can do to get him to "come out" of the rocks.

Did you add anything new to the tank recently? Did you redo your rockwork at all? Sometimes the smallest changes affect fish territories which may have happened somehow.

Back
Top Bottom