Help with unwanted guests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skinny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anybody help identify these please and warn of dangers and advise?
I've just noticed said creature moving down the glass of my tank, on further inspection I've spotted 8/10 babies in corners of glass.
I also have a piece of driftwood with what look like white dots on it....eggs maybe?
Much appreciated in advance :-(

Attachments

• IMG_1942.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 58
Another pic, , looks like a snail?

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 60
Snail, yes. Did you recently add anything to your tank? That's the only way I've gotten them.

Idk much about snails but if you want to rid your tank of them, get a puffer (don't recommend this route) or get an assassin snail. They will kill them all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Said creature is a snail. Assassin snails are the best option, but they are slow and these can multiply fast. A clown loach really does the job, but your tank is too small for one. I'd get a couple of assassin snails and go with it before these multiply.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've never viewed these as a threat or pest, even in my planted tank. They can coexist in manageable numbers if you do not over feed your fish.

Said creature is a snail. Assassin snails are the best option, but they are slow and these can multiply fast. A clown loach really does the job, but your tank is too small for one. I'd get a couple of assassin snails and go with it before these multiply.

I am currently cycling my 52g tank with fish and 6 plant/fern. I have just got a nitrite reading so I would assume adding more fish a bad idea but don't know about assain snails?

Works about the same for snails. Don't tolerate nitrites well in my experience. I had several die years ago when I didn't pay attention to cycling.

First pic is Pond snail and second looks like a Ramshorn snail. Not a pest specifically. Will explode in population if you over feed your tanks. See my signature pic? I keep these on purpose ;). Pond snails are great cleaners fyi.

Back
Top Bottom