Help with white particles in my water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aerodeano

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, this is my first post and I really need some help :)
I have had my aquarium for quite a while and recently bought a cristalprofi e900 filter!
Having done a water change and running the new filter along with the old I now have small white particles in the water!!
Does anyone have any ideas what causes this?

Thanks in advance

Dean

image-2653931096.jpg

This picture makes it look worse than it really is! They are very small particles. Smaller than a grain of sand

Are you sure they are not microbubbles? Can you tell for sure that they are solid particles?

Hi there, that was quick!
I can't tell as I left my reading glasses in the office but the wife says they look like bubbles.

I never had them before so why do I have them now and more importantly how to get rid of them?

Dean

ok, so you just put a new filter on and they showed up. How is the return run for your new filter? Is it a spray bar? Is it above the water line? I would guess that your getting microbubbles because water is splashing into the tank from the filter.

No Spay bar! Maybe your right and I'll lower the outlet so it is below the water line and see if that helps:) fingers crossed.
I'll update after 24 hours.
Thank you

No problem, and let us know, and good luck!

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

:welcome:

Hi all,

Been away for Easter and I was hoping the micro bubble problem would have disappeared by itself but I'm not so lucky :-(
Any help greatly appreciated as it is getting on my nerves and the tank looks dirty!!

CristalProfi e900 filter and started after partial water change!

Heeeeelp

Hi all,

Problem went away on it's own after I done a water change and started using a spray bay beneath the water line...

:)

Back
Top Bottom