Help, world's worst aquascaper needs suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwsharksfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, after a decade of fish keeping I've mastered keeping them alive - but I suck at aquascaping. I have an Oscar and a Chocolate cichlid so plants - fake or not - are out. I have a bunch of bog wood and a couple rocks but it looks horrible. Suggestions?

Attachments

• WP_20130418_002.jpg
    WP_20130418_002.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 120
Well, I wouldn t say 'horrible'. Is it a corner tank? I d put a background on it, turn the DW so it can be seen more, take out the rocks you have & put in several (odd #) that are the same colors as your fish . The plant thing on the right could also be integrated into the DW & rocks so only the upper 2/3 rd would show? Beautiful fish!

Oscars like swimming space. So I think I've got good decor. Def paint the back, I like black backs, covers the chords and gives ur tank more of a larger look. IMO. Maybe move the driftwood as the centerpiece, get more rocks or move rocks at the left side and right side of driftwood..stacked a little.. That's all I got.

It's really not bad looking. I would put something on the back like either a background or paint the back black. Otherwise it looks good to me. Those are some big fish!!

Back
Top Bottom