HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are gouramis schooling fish, can I have 2 female dwarf gouramis in a 10 gallon, I saw it on YouTube before!

I went to my lfs today and bought something called brine shrimp eggs! What do I do with it and how do I raise them?

I would say no to the 2 gourami idea in a 10. You can easily find overstocked tanks on youtube.

I honestly do not know about the eggs, I have only hatched them once and I was like 6 years old so I can't remember how I did it.

Didn't see your other questions.

Labyrinth fish are fish that occasionaly breathe air at the surface. Watch your gourami for a while. You will see it come to the surface and take a breath. I don't know the science of how melafix hurts their labyrinth organs, I just know it does and should not be used with gouramis. As for the meds, I really don't know. It seems like meds that are OK for scale less fish aren't OK for labyrinth fish and meds that are OK for labyrinth fish aren't OK for scale less fish. I would say go to your lfs and see what meds they have and then research them.

What are some examples of scaleless fish, ad what medications can I use for both cories, plecos, normal fish, and gouramis

I've used melafix and pimafix on cory's with limited success, Seachem stress guard seemed to work better and is suitable for all fish. Keep the water as clean as possible as this will also help. If its something more serious I have also used Seachem Kanaplex which worked a treat. Depends on the problem, identification is a hard thing - if I can't put a finger on what's wrong I do regular water changes and use Seachem Paraguard as its a good all rounder, I also use it when putting new fish in any of my tanks. Though clean water will work miracles.

I also see some little white fuzzy that looks like part of a cotton ball both on the ends of my Cory's fins! Are they contagious and what can I medicate with with a labyrinth fish in the same tank, all my extra tanks are cycling and my others are stocked or incompatible!

I also see some little white fuzzy that looks like part of a cotton ball both on the ends of my Cory's fins! Are they contagious and what can I medicate with with a labyrinth fish in the same tank, all my extra tanks are cycling and my others are stocked or incompatible!

It sounds like fungus - you can use Seachem Paraguard safely with all
fish in the tank, if still concerned you can remove the cory's that are effected and bath in Paraguard for 1 hour, instructions on the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom