HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armoredspider

Aquarium Advice Activist
My platies just had babies so I caught them with a net an put them in a separate container from the tank. I filled it up with tank water and put the fry in and they sunk to the bottom. Will they survive the night until I get a breeders net or box tomorrow? Any suggestions on which one?

I don't have an answer to the first question, but as to the second one, if you keep the fry in with adult fish, they will become tasty snacks. A few may survive, but not all of them.

I've made a temporary breeders box out of a rectangular gladware storage container (plastic) and a nylon. Cut the bottom out of the gladware container, insert it in the nylon, and cut a small slice in the nylon covering the top of the gladware. The hole in the top of the nylon will expand nicely so you can add food, and the open bottom of the gladware will allow tank water to flow into it, while the nylon keeps the fish from swimming out. I secured the gladware container to the side of the tank with a few spring clips. Worked to keep the fry isolated until I could get something more permanent.

Thanks for the help. They survived the night so I am getting a breeders box for them.

Back
Top Bottom