HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well 3 days ago I had three pepper Cory catfish now I have two I have looked everywhere from under the decor to the filters. And can't find him or remains. I've even looked in the floor just to be sure still no fish. And the only other fish I have in there is a black moor. And it's a 29 gallon

The other fish may have eaten its remains. I know I had a guppy once and it died and my other fish and snails completely ate its body and there was nothing left.

If a fish dies, it's very common for other fish to eat the remains. But they can also hide quite well, so sometimes you think a fish is gone only to have it reappear days or weeks later. Rocks, wood and plants can all provide hiding places. I thought once I'd lost a bunch of kuhli loaches, until I did a big rescape and found them again. Just hiding, they're good at that.

If your filter has no cover on the intake, sometimes fish get sucked up, though most healthy fish are more than strong enough to avoid the intake, some get curious and swim up to investigate and are caught in the filter.

I've had several fish survive going into my AC70, before I got smart and covered the intake, they were all under the media basket, and I didn't find them until I removed it for cleaning.

Well 3 days ago I had three pepper Cory catfish now I have two I have looked everywhere from under the decor to the filters. And can't find him or remains. I've even looked in the floor just to be sure still no fish. And the only other fish I have in there is a black moor. And it's a 29 gallon

Is your black moor big enough to eat it yet?
Cories are fairly sensitive to water quality, so do regular testing and frequent water changes. What temp do you keep the tank at?

No the fish is not large enough to eat the Cory yet. And seems to hardly notice them. And yes all intake tubes care covered and the tank temp is 78

Back
Top Bottom