HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
i need help i have 3 guppies that i saved from ick i had awhile back and two of them are gangin up on this one and they wont leave it alone. What should i do

QT one is what you can do for now(make sure you have a QT tank that is cycled). Usually fish will pick on weaker fish. Does your one guppy have any signs of disease(cloudy eyes, spots, bloating, constipation). I would QT it so it gets a break from the other fish and so, if it does have a disease, it doesnt infect the other fish.

What are the sexes of those guppies. If the 2 are males, they may both be trying to mate with the female. This can be very stressful for the female. It is generally recommended to have at least 2-3 females per male.
What size is the tank? If you can accommodate some more guppies, that could work. If not, you may need to give away one or two of the guppies.

if they arent feeder guppies, males usually have very bigger and more colorful tails.

they only other reason schooling fish may pick on each other, is if one is sick, neons will do it as well. however the male-female scenario seems more likely as they have all been together

The females have a fan like anal fin and the males have a straight skinnier anal fin. This is true for most livebearer's. They are the easiest to sex IMO.

Females have a triangular fan-like anal fin, while males have a straight, stick-like anal fin.

Back
Top Bottom