Heuy! Any (Active) Dutchies around here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lalystar42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Heuy!!
Are there any active Dutchies around here? pretty interested talking to some fellow Dutchies about local fish tips and tricks; buying, selling, suppliers, local breeders etc. (What are good fish stores that sell proper fish from their own breeding stock, or which sellers to avoid coz of bad fish or because they treat their fish badly and the like) Well and other things dutch, i suppose, are planted dutch style tanks really dutch for example... xD:lol:

so a pot head :)
only joking

thanks Aiken
Dutchie is slang for a joint. I think you will be old enough have been around when Musical Youth had their hit record "Pass the Dutchie", but not sure if such quality artists made any headway outside of the UK.

hahahaha xD While I myself am not a pothead, I did do the occasional recreational use... xD but yeah.. xD

as for my setup.. it's nuthin pretty tbh xD
It's a VERY new tank, bout 50 liters, so not too big. big filter tho, thick substrate, quite a few plants, but they're still growing in. a couple o snails and a couple o endlers. nothin fancy xD tanks been up for 2 weeks. first week, only substrate and plants, then added daphnia and snails and today added the endlers, slowly adding more to the cycle so to speak.
I did use some pond water and substrate from several local ponds btw. I'll try to add a couple of pics later on, might post them here, or in my introduction thread.

WhatsApp_Image_2023-05-12_at_09.50.03.jpeg

here's a pic of the tank. not very pretty, not working with different heights or layers, but i'm liking it xD

Just to answer your original question, as far as im aware the only active member we have from The Netherlands is emeraldking. Not everybody publically says where are from though, so we could have others.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/emeraldking-94804.html

I think he breeds livebearers. He certainly has very in depth knowledge of livebearers and sometimes shares videos of his fish. Check out his profile and posts.

You need a picture on the back of the tank so the fish stand out more. Currently they blend in because of the cream coloured wall behind the aquarium, and their light colour. A green or blue background picture would make them more visible. :)

yeah got a black piece of cloth behind it now.
31857bc4-7b9f-4bff-9143-b18b35883b1a.jpg

But that makes the tank super reflective xD

Looks much better with the black backing. :)

Turn the room lights off and the glass won't reflect as much. Just make sure you have the room lights on for 30 minutes or so before turning the tank lights on in the morning. And have the room light on before you turn tank light off. Then keep the room light on for 30 minutes or so before turning that off so the fish can settle down for the night.

Tnx for those tips!
But eh... my tanklight IS the room light.. xD and then there's sunlight as well haha.
I do have a little (regular) growlight above the tank as well as extra light. But the (Indirect) sunlight will probably do a real good job of having the transition to light to dark.

Back
Top Bottom