Hey is my guppy pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pufferlove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry about the picture quality my phone sucks :( but here she is

Attachments

• image-3368766292.jpg
    image-3368766292.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2740921196.jpg
    image-2740921196.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3925467976.jpg
    image-3925467976.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 59
Yes, she is either pregnant or bloated, but I think she's pregnant

Her gravid spots look black in pic 3, which means she is pregnant. They are visible from behind/beside a guppy. They are where the tail meets the torso, on the lower portion of the body.

CoryFan said:
Her gravid spots look black in pic 3, which means she is pregnant. They are visible from behind/beside a guppy. They are where the tail meets the torso, on the lower portion of the body.

Gravid spot colors are not good ways to predict pregnancy. The best way is to look at the shape of the tummy, and watch the shape of the gravid spot. When the gravid spot is square (example: \__/) then that means she will drop the fry soon.

maxwellag said:
Gravid spot colors are not good ways to predict pregnancy. The best way is to look at the shape of the tummy, and watch the shape of the gravid spot. When the gravid spot is square (example: \__/) then that means she will drop the fry soon.

Interesting! That had been my experience. If you have a female who has always given birth following a "black spot" time, does that make it more reliable?
Is there any type of illness that would need to be watched for?
Thanks!

CoryFan said:
Interesting! That had been my experience. If you have a female who has always given birth following a "black spot" time, does that make it more reliable?
Is there any type of illness that would need to be watched for?
Thanks!

I am not sure about individuals with black spots, but I have kept a lot of guppies and none of them ever had black spots...one had a red spot. The illness I would watch out for is ich or fungus. It can get the females easily when they are in labor.

hi can anyone help me if my guppy is pregnant as she as been like this for a few months now an no sign of the fry it looks like she could pop at anytime lol

Back
Top Bottom