Hi everyone :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidsAreBoss

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi we're new to the forum and I'm looking for some advice. The picture below is of my Jack Dempsey George. Ever since we first brought him home we've noticed something on the side of his face. I've done my research and nothing I find looks like what he has. I've also treated him with everything I can possibly think of.. Malachite green, melafix, melafix and pimafix combined, and aquarium salt. I finally took this picture to our local pet store and she thinks its a tumour, because he's had it since he was young and it hasn't spread anywhere else or to anyone else. I had him in a 100gallon with a Oscar, his mate, a pleco and an irradscent(sp?) shark. I recently moved him to a 50 gallon so I could better monitor him. He's currently with a pleco and two tinfoil barbs so he wouldn't be lonely. So my question is has anyone else seen this? Or know what I can do to treat this? And should I move him back in to the 100 gallon or keep him in the 50? Thanks everyone. Please excuse the algae on the tank I cleaned this right after I took the picture. Lol

Attachments

• image-2591491144.jpg
    image-2591491144.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 74
Welcome to AA!

I agree it looks like a tumor(between his eyes) since there is no treatment for that I'd recommend quiting all the chemicals and medications and don't worry about it. Feed a high quality diet and keep the nitrate concentration below 20ppm. The only time you should be concerned is if it effects him eating, otherwise just enjoy George.

Back
Top Bottom