Hi, I'm new here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Powerpak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there, just thought I'd introduce myself. My last attempt at keeping a tank of any kind was when I was 7 and I had no parental help...they did not survive. Now I'm doing a lot of reading, talking to a great LFS (not a big-box but an actual mom&pop shop) and so I thought I'd start coming here for advice as well. I've got a 37 gallon tank that's fairly well established with the following fish:
10 glofish tetras
6 glofish danios
6 emerald corys
4 cherry barbs
4 neon tetras
2 bala sharks

I'm also cycling a 20 gallon tank, the cherry barbs will move into there. When they get settled in I eventually want to add 4 amano shrimp, a swordtail, and 10-16 rummynose tetras so I can get that nice schooling effect. Let me know what you think and please, be kind! I'm new!

Welcome to AA!

When you move some livestock out to the other tank, I'd recommend increasing the neon tetras a bit. They also like to school like the rummy nose. Rummies are far more active swimmers and would do best in a longer tank. With that said, I hope the new 20g is a 20 long. Also, I think you'll be overstock so research and I'd rethink the stock. I recommend starting a thread on this so you can get advice on stock. Then narrow it down a bit. Good luck and make yourself at home here :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom