Hi-Lo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrAlecks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody. I've been coming to this site for a while now and just checking for answers to questions that are similar to mine. But I got my own question now ... probably not a very good one. But I'll do that in the forum section. I'm pretty new to fish keeping, I have one of those Fluval Chi 6.6Ltr tanks with a veiltail betta named Herb. Had it for about 3 months so far. But I just recently purchased a 40 gallon breeder that I'm in the process of getting squared up. I plan to keep 1 Black Molly, 1 Swordtail and maybe a Crawfish. Thats all I've got so far ... I have a list of compatible fish though. Prolly throw a couple Pearl Danios in there in time. But ... yea thanks alot for welcoming me and I'll just thank you in advance for all the good advice I know I'll be getting from here. Thanks.

welcome to AA.youll have to be careful with the cray,some are demons which murder all your fish and tear apart your plants,and some(like mine)are little angels who only murder your aquascaping.if you get one,i hope you dont mind your aquascaping being destroyed.

Welcome to AA! Definitely add at least two mollies, as they like a buddy, along with another sordtail. You are planning to cycle this tank fishless right?

Yea

I read alot about them. Still thinking of doing a bamboo shrimp instead, but ... we'll see, if he's a killer I'll take em back. Not much aquascaping. No real plants anyways. Just pool filtered sand, some slate rocks, fake plants and a decoration of a tree stump ... lots of holes for the fish to hide in ... so yea. I say the bamboo shrimp cuz I have 2 Fluval U4 filters and get pretty good water movement in the tank, so ... I know they're filter feeding. Thanks for the welcome though. :) Yea planning on doing it fishless, that's actually what the question is about in the "freshwater setting up"/"Getting started" forum section. Thanks again.

if you do the bamboo shrimp,wait until the tank is fairly mature,like 6-7 months,so it doesnt starve to death.

MrAlecks said:
I read alot about them. Still thinking of doing a bamboo shrimp instead, but ... we'll see, if he's a killer I'll take em back. Not much aquascaping. No real plants anyways. Just pool filtered sand, some slate rocks, fake plants and a decoration of a tree stump ... lots of holes for the fish to hide in ... so yea. I say the bamboo shrimp cuz I have 2 Fluval U4 filters and get pretty good water movement in the tank, so ... I know they're filter feeding. Thanks for the welcome though. :) Yea planning on doing it fishless, that's actually what the question is about in the "freshwater setting up" forum section. Thanks again.

Sweet! You've done your research! Check out the link in my sig if you've got any questions about cycling.

Hmm

Really, didn't know that. I would've just shoved em in there. Thanks. Just realized I put 6.6ltr on that Fluval, it's actually a 6.6 gallon. Sorry.

Very surprised you went with a nicely suited tank for the betta, most people new to the hobby get them a small dinky tank. Props to you! :) welcome to AA!

Thanks, yea he's happy in there. When I bought him he had black spots on his tail, I guess that'd be fin rot, but it went away pretty quickly. I throw in a little bit of aquarium salt in there once in a while during water changes just to be safe. Very little salt!

Back
Top Bottom